The brazilian Caio Fleury, with the book “The diet of our ancestors”, brings to the fore the foods consumed by humans at the time paleolithic, leading the reader to a study of the evolution of man; the book, still, with the life style, the type of food and the health of the ancestors, comparing with the reality of the modern man, famous for a sedentary lifestyle and a diet rich in carbohydrates with a high glycemic index.
Also known as primal dieting, low carb and diet paleolithic, the diet of our ancestors is scientifically proven and indicates the consumption of foods rich in essential nutrients that the human being needs to have a healthier life.
what’s in the book
in This book, researchers, scientists, authors, and professionals were consulted and theories have been tested so that the best nutrition was provided to the reader who is interested in testing a style of life already forgotten.
The author claims that by following the diet, there is less risk of contracting diseases, accumulate less body fat and more muscle mass, there is a better marker in the blood (such as cholesterol), controls the anxiety and desire for foods harmful to human health, there is an improvement in mood and physical and mental performance.
The book includes a food guide, with the foods we were genetically programmed to consume and that were present in the diet of our ancestors of the paleolithic period, such as: meat, fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables, nuts etc. There are, still, tips from the foods that we should not consume, as they are harmful to health, often even seeming healthy. Some grains, for example, can be toxic and are related to several diseases.
The book brings the strategies of the diet to satisfy the appetite, which let us eat in the correct way and without getting hungry. With this, there is a natural weight loss and the reader will discover the importance of the control of sugar in the blood and, once more, you will learn which foods are harmful for health and for slimming, understanding, also, how does the interaction between the hormones regulating appetite.
Techniques and tips for a healthy life
The diet brings techniques and tips so that it is possible to follow a healthy lifestyle, making it more efficient to burning fat as a source of energy, causing the metabolism, hormones and the immune system are optimized. The book advises the consumption of meat, fish, eggs and healthy fats. By following the suggestions of food, the author claims to be able to achieve weight loss, health and longevity.
- Fast Food Kills the Bacteria that Help Keep Us Slim, Shows Study
- 10 Tips from the Book X-Ray Gabriela Pugliesi To Lose weight
- Diet of Beverly Hills – How does it Work, Menu and Tips
- The Diet of the Caves: How it Works, the Menu and Tips
The diet of our ancestors not only works with the intake of the food present on the menu. The physical exercises do not come out of this style of life that Caio Fleury recommends. The exercises have importance to the gain in vitality, physical and mental health. Implements a plan for physical activities that involve walking, hiking, workouts fitness and bodybuilding shots (sprints) occasional.
The book includes a theoretical background that brings research conducted with indigenous populations around the world, such as the Eskimos, Masai and Kitava, bringing their eating habits that gave their extraordinary health and vitality. In addition, there is research on the importance of a diet rich in fats and why the need to avoid foods labeled as “low in fat” or light. The book says that refined sugar, including fructose and wheat, are harmful to health and that these are responsible for the gain of abdominal fat.
finally, the book of the diet of our ancestors brings more than 30 recipes that are ideal to be incorporated into the routine.
How it works
Despite the diversification of optimal diet for human beings, there are some recommendations on standards of consumption of protein and fats, which should compose 50% of daily calories – this with regard to the populations of the ancestors, which served as a reference study of doctors and nutritionists. Thus, there is a standard of consumption of food rich in proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
However, you should not think that any carbohydrate is welcome in the diet of our ancestors. The carbs consumed are little processed, low glycemic load, all of which come in the most part of vegetables and tubers fibrous and wild fruits. The carbohydrates consumed in the days of today are extremely concentrated and rich in sugar and the flours refined, these being one of the main responsible for the accumulation of visceral fat (abdominal), and exacerbations of markers of the circulatory system, such as triglycerides, HDL cholesterol, and etc.
The diet of our ancestors operates from the consumption of foods rich in proteins and fats, mostly monounsaturated from seafood, yogurt, poultry, meats, rich in omega-3, coconut oil, avocado, olive oil, nuts and oilseeds.
The diet encourages the consumption of carbohydrates natural, available in abundance in nature, such as vegetables, tubers (yam, sweet potato, carrot) and fruit.
Studies conducted on the diet paleolithic demonstrate that this improves the health of the human being in very high levels, being effective for slimming and, in terms of nutrition, more dense; this is explained by the fact that there is the consumption of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients. The blood markers are improved and there is a reduction of the bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases good (HDL). There are also lower levels of triglycerides, fasting glucose and insulin.
The diet of our ancestors still generates some controversy by giving emphasis to the consumption of the released meat. In addition, there is the question of the consumption of fat as one of the main characteristics of the diet. This is a point that contradicts the opinion of doctors, since there is evidence that the excess fat can cause atheroma in blood vessels, increasing the risk of heart attack and other heart diseases.
The consumption of red meat is important for health, according to some doctors, because it prevents anemia and helps to recover the tissues. However, in excess, meat can come to overwhelm the system and kidney to remove the calcium from the bones, and leave the blood in a state of acidity. WHO goes against this type of power, as it indicates that only 30% of daily calories should be from protein. Because of these counterpoints, it is essential that the individual consult with a doctor before starting the diet of our ancestors.
The following is the menu 1 week diet of our ancestors.
- Breakfast: 1 sweet potato (small, 1 egg, stirred with 1 thread of olive oil, 1 apple;
- morning Snack: 5 cashew nuts;
- Lunch: 1 plate (dessert) salad of lettuce, tomato and onion, seasoned with lemon to taste, and 1 coll. (tea) of olive oil, 1 fillet small chicken grilled, 1 handlebar great colorful vegetable, ½ potato-English medium cooked, 1 fruit;
- afternoon Snack: 5 cashew nuts, 1 fruit;
- Dinner: 1 plate (dessert) salad of green leaves seasoned with herbs and spices, natural and 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 chicken fillet strips, 2 handles large vegetables, cooked;
- Supper: 1 pear.
- Breakfast: 1 piece medium cassava boiled with 1. (tea) of extra virgin olive oil, 1 banana, 3 walnuts;
- morning Snack: 1 small piece fresh coconut;
- Lunch: Salad of green leaves to the will tempered with 1. (tea) of olive oil. 2 thin slices of lizard roast, 2 handrails broccoli, carrot and beet, 1 handlebar colorful vegetable, ½ potato medium roast, 1 fruit;
- afternoon Snack: 5 almonds, 1 fruit;
- Dinner: 1 plate (dessert) salad of green leaves seasoned with herbs and spices, natural and 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 fillet of baked fish, 1 piece of medium pumpkin, cooked, 1 fruit;
- Supper: 5 strawberries.
- Breakfast: 1 cup of fruit salad made with ½ pear, 1 thin slice of papaya, chopped and 4 purple grapes, 1 coll. (soup) of sunflower seeds, 5 almonds;
- morning Snack: 1 banana;
- Lunch: 1 plate (dessert) salad swiss chard, arugula, and carrots seasoned with 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 boiled yam, 1 small piece of roasted pork, 1 handlebar colorful vegetable, 1 fruit;
- afternoon Snack: 1 small cup of coconut water, 4 walnuts;
- Dinner: Salad of green leaves to the will tempered with 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 small piece of stewed chicken, 2 handrails broccoli, carrot, beet and tomato, 1 fruit;
- Supper: 3 nuts.
- Breakfast: ½ potato-English-medium, 1 faaunt fine melon;
- morning Snack: 5 almonds, 1 xíc. tea-green;
- Lunch: 1 plate (dessert) salad of green leaves with tomato, onion and beetroot seasoned with 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 piece medium cassava, 1 fillet of grilled fish, 2. (soup) of zucchini simmered, 1 handlebar colorful vegetable, 1 fruit;
- afternoon Snack: 5 hazelnuts, 1 apple;
- Dinner: 2 handrails vegetables cooked, 1 grilled steak, 1 fruit;
- Supper: 1 guava.
- Breakfast: ½ papaya, 1 sweet potato (small, 1). (tea) of antepasto eggplant;
- morning Snack: 3 nuts;
- Lunch: Salad of green leaves with carrot, tomato and cherry to the will tempered with 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 boiled yam, 2 eggs, hillbilly cooked, 3. (soup) eggplant simmered, 2 oven gloves colorful vegetable, 1 fruit;
- afternoon Snack: 6 pumpkin seeds, 1 cup fruit salad made with ½ banana, 1 red plum and ½ orange;
- Dinner: 1 plate (dessert) salad of green leaves seasoned with herbs and spices, natural and 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 fillet of grilled fish, 1 handlebar vegetables cooked, 1 sleeve;
- Supper: 1. (soup) of sunflower seed.
- Breakfast: 1 orange with pulp;
- morning Snack: 1 apple;
- Lunch: Salad of green leaves with grated carrot, tomato and beet to the will tempered with 1. (tea) of olive oil, ½ sweet potato, baked, 1 piece of chicken, 3 handrails of cooked vegetables, 1 fruit;
- afternoon Snack: 1 small piece fresh coconut, 1 tangerine;
- Dinner: 1 plate (dessert) salad of green leaves seasoned with herbs and spices, natural and 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 piece medium chicken, 1 handlebar vegetables cooked, 1 fruit;
- Supper: 5 almonds.
- Breakfast: 1 yam, cooked, 1 medium slice of pineapple;
- morning Snack: 1. (tablespoon) of pumpkin seed, 1 small glass of coconut water;
- Lunch: salad of green leaves with carrots, tomatoes and onion to the will tempered with 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 fillet of grilled fish, 1 handlebar of cooked vegetables, 3. (soup) of steamed spinach, 1 fruit;
- afternoon Snack: 5 cashew nuts, 1 small cup of coconut water;
- Dinner: 1 plate (dessert) salad of green leaves seasoned with herbs and spices, natural and 1. (tea) of olive oil, 1 boiled yam, 1 fish fillet stew, 1 handlebar of vegetables cooked;
- Supper: 1 orange with pulp.
For beginners, it is recommended to follow the diet only every two months. Another tip is to opt for meats of quality, those that do not have so many chemical additives (such as preservatives), as well as choose organic ingredients for its preparation.
As the diet of our ancestors is poor in calcium, adolescents, women in menopause, and people affected with osteoporosis should not follow it, as this does not allow the consumption of milk and derivatives.
You already knew the concepts of the diet of our ancestors? Agree with them and think that I would be able to follow it to lose weight? Comment below!
related Tags: diet types